BOOK. Library Books
Found in 207 Collections and/or Records:
1. "Bolton and the Spanish Borderlands", John Francis Bannon, ed. 1964. (inscribed by editor). 2. "Chile, Peru, and the California Gold Rush of 1849" by Jay Monaghan, 1973 ( inscribed by author). 3. "California March of Industry" by Robert G. Cleland and Osgood Hardy, 1929. 4. "Frontier America, The Story of the Westward Movement", by Thomas D. Clark, 2nd ed., 1969. 5. "Western America", by LeRoy Hafen, Eugene Hollen, Carl Coke Rister, 3rd ed., 1970. 6. "The Westward Movement: A short Story", by Kent Ladd Steckmesser, 1969. 7. "The Unwelcome Immigrant, The American Image of the Chinese 1785-1882", by Stuart Creighton Miller, 1969. 8. "Eminent Women of the West" by Elinor Richey, 1975. 9. "Sal Si Puedes: Cesar Chavez and the New American Revolution", by Peter Matthiessen, 1969. 10. "Los Angeles" by Harry Carr, 1935. 11."Colonial Hispanic America: A History" by Charles Edward Chapman, 1933. 12. "Flowering Shrubs of California and Their Value to the Gardener" by Lester Rowntree, 1947. 13. "The Indians of Southern California in 1852" by John Walton Caughey, 1952. Seven Softcover Books as follows: 14. "The Chicanos: A History of Mexican Americans" by Matt S. Meier and Feliciano Rivera, 1972. 15. "la Raza: The Mexican Americans" by Stan Steiner, 1970. 16. "The Log of a Cowboy, A Narrative of the Old Trail Days" by Andy Adams, 1903 (reprint). 17. "Minorities in California History" George Frakes and Curtis Solberg, eds. 1971. (Inscribed by Frakes) 18. "Racism in California: A Reader in the History of Oppression" Roger Daniels and Spencer C, Olin, Jr., eds, 1972. 19. "The Lost Death Valley '49er Journal of Louis Nusbaumer" by George Koenig, 1974. 20. "California Heritage, An Anthology of History and Literature" by John and Laree Caughey, 1971.
1. Booklet- Pictoral History of Santa Barbara Earthquake, June 29, 1925, Published by A.A. Lloyd, Santa Barbara.
1. Booklet published almost one year after Santa Barbara Earthquake in an appeal for funds for the Restoration of the Old MIssion. Booklet autographed as follows: "To Mr. Dwight Murphy, Chairman, Santa Barbara Committe in grateful memory of Santa Barbara Old Mission Restoration Movement" and signed "Father Augustine, O.F.M., Guardian, Santa Barbara Mission, April 16-23-1926". 2. Santa Barbara, Queen of the Missions - Sesquincentennial 1786-1936, autographed by Fr. Augustine Hobrect, O.F.M., to Mr. Murphy. Author of book is Rev. Fr. Patrick Roddy, O.F.M.
1. Heavy glass ink well with pen holder. Frank A. Weeks Mfg. Co. 2. Collection of unidentified daguerreotypes in folding frames. ( Presumably members of the Houx Family). 3. Glass paper weight - “Della” 4. Wooden inkwell, black, and pen holder (in two pieces) – Frank A. Weeks Mfg. Co., New York. 5. Pen with mother of pearl handle. 6. White china vegetable dish with cover, cornucopia and floral design. Belonged to Christine Hall. 7. Blank five year diary. 8. Draftsman’s set of drawing tools in black leather case. “Technical Supply Co., Scranton, PA” printed on case. 9. Olive and Gold Yearbooks for 1917, 1918, and 1919. 10. Two/earthenware beer steins “Iroquois Brewing Co. Buffalo, N.Y” Note the above items went through the big Refugio Fire.
1. Map, California and Nevada, pub. by National Geographic Society, 6/1974. 2, Pamphlet, "Introduction to the Latin American Nations," pub. by Organization of American States, 1970 reprint. Twenty-five books as follows (sc - softcover hc- hardcover): 3. De Vito, Bernard, THE YEAR OF DECISION 1846. Sentry ed., 1961. sc 4. Wheeler, Eugene D. and Kallman, Robert E., SHIPWRECKS, SMUGGLERS AND MARITIME MYSTERIES. 2nd ed., 1986. sc 5. Turner, Frederick Jackson, THE FRONTIER IN AMERICAN HISTORY. Holt, Rinehart, and Winston ed., 1962. sc 6. Turner, Henry A. and Vieg, John A., THE GOVERNMENT AND POLITICS OF CALIFORNIA. McGraw-Hill, 2nd ed., 1964. sc 7. Reed, Adele, MAMMOTH LAKES MEMORIES. Chalfant Press, 1971. sc 8. Morgan, Dale L., JEDEDIAH SMITH AND THE OPENING OF THE WEST. Univ. of Nebraska Press, 3rd printing, 1967. sc 9. Billington, Ray Allen, THE FAR WESTERN FRONTIER 1830-1860. Harper TorchBooks, 1962. sc 10. Grant, Blanche C., ed. KIT CARSON'S OWN STORY OF HIS LIFE. Kit Carson Memorial Foundation, 1955. sc 11. Starr, Kevin, INVENTING THE DREAM,. Oxford Univ. Press 1985. sc 12. Booth, Larry, et. al., PORTRAIT OF A BOOM TOWN: SAN DIEGO IN THE 1880S. reprint, Calif. Historical Quarterly, Dec. 1971. sc 13. Nava, Julian and Barger, Bob, CALIFORNIA: FIVE CENTURIES OF CULTURAL CONTRASTS. Glencoe Press, 1976. sc (ex libris) 14. Hutchinson, W.H., CALIFORNIA: THE GOLDEN SHORE BY THE SUNDOWN SEA. 2nd ed., Star Publishing, 1988. sc 15. Overholt, Alma, THE CATALINA STORY. Catalina Island Museum Society, 1978 update sc 16. Dvorin, Eugene P. and Misner, Arthur J., CALIFORNIA POLITICS AND POLICIES. Addison-Wesley Publishing, 1966. sc 17. DeVoto, Bernard, ACROSS THE WIDE MISSOURI. Houghton Miflin Sentry ed., 1964. sc 18. Rolle, Andrew F. and Gaines, John S., THE GOLDEN STATE: A HISTORY OF CALIFORNIA AHM Publishing, 2nd ed., 1979. sc 19. Bean, Walton, BOSS RUEF'S SAN FRANCISCO. Univ. of Calif. Press. 4th printing, 1972. sc 20. PEOPLE OF EARLY LOS ANGELES BROUGH WATER TO THEIR LAND AND HOMES. Los Angeles City School Districts Curriculum Division Publication No. 515, 1951. sc 21. Caughey, John W., CALIFORNIA: A REMARKABLE STATE'S LIFE HISTORY. 3rd ed., Prentice Hall, 1970. hc 22. Geiger, Marynard, AS THE PADRES SAW THEM... Santa Barbara Mission Archive - Library, 1976. hc 23. McClure, James D., CALIFORNIA LANDMARKS. Standford Univ. Press, 5th printing, 1963. hc (ex libris) 24. Billington, Ray Allen, WESTWARD EXPANSION: A HISTORY OF THE AMERICAN FRONTIER. MacMillan Company, 2nd. ed., 1960. hc (ex libris) 25. Dozer, Donald Marquand, LATIN AMERICA: AN INTERPRETIVE HISTORY. McGraw-Hill, 1962. hc (ex libris) 26. Bannon, John Francis, HISTORY OF THE AMERICAS. McGraw-Hill, 2nd ed., 1963. hc 27. Los Angeles City School Districts Curriculum Division, CALIFORNIA, YESTERDAY, TODAY AND TOMORROW. 1949. hc
1. Photographs and newspaper clippings re: Santa Barbara Earthquake in 1925 2. Booklet entitled Santa Barbara, California, by John Steven McGroarty 3. Booklet - Santa Barbara Scenes and Scenery, published by N.H. Reed 4. Group of eleven colored photographs of some of California Missions
1. "Santa Barbara," Pamphlet, by John Steven McGroarty. 2. Santa Barbara Souvenir, Earthquake Views- Pamphlet 3. "70 Years in Santa Barbara," Citizens Savings & Loan Association. 4. "Santa Barbara, Tierra Adoraga, a Community History," Security First National Bank Pamphlet.
1. "Santa Barbara " pamphlets- 66. App'r. $125.00 2. "Theatre ", pamphlets- 20 . App'r. $25.00 3. "California" pamphlets" 21. App'r. $45.00 4. Photographs -2. App'r . $5.00 Total value -$200.00