Found in 189 Collections and/or Records:
1. 8 9x11 colored photographs of Montecito by A.R. Nicholson 2. 1 7x11 photograph of one of the first submarines in U.S.A. photographed in Wisconsin by A.R. Nicholson 3. Group picture- tintype of two sisters, one Mrs. A.R. Nicholson 4. Photo of Lincoln, copied by A.R. Nicholson 5. News clipping, Albert R. Nicholson 6. Snapshot of Jack Dempsey's training quarters. 7. The Santa Barbara Daily News, single sheet, emergency printing, earthquake, Monday June 29, 1925. 8. Letter from Joaquin Miller, poet, written to A.R. Nicholson, April 25, 1899. 9. 2 clippings regarding Joaquin Miller (April 14, 1934) and Edward Nicholson's historic family (Feb. 13, 1944)
1. Certificate of thanks awarded by City of Santa Barbara to Mr. Henry Louis Ewald for his courage and devotion at time of earthquake of June 29, 1925. 2. American Legion Weekly date July 31, 1925, containing article about fine work of American Legion Santa Barbara Post and Mr. Ewald during time immediately following the quake. 3. The Legion News date August 1, 1925 with article about work of Legion after earthquake. 4. The American Legion Bulletin date July 4, 1925, containing article about Post 49 and its work following the earthquake.
1. Diehl Grocery Company Catalogue, Fall-Winter 1928-1929 2. Record of Santa Barbara earthquake 3. Photograph of Mr. & Mrs. John F. Diehl 1896 4. Small newspaper clippings 5. 9 photographs of John F. Diehl's old store 6. 10 photographs of John F. Diehl's new store 7. 2 sepea platinum prints of John F. Diehl's home and garden 8. Photograph showing Woman's Exchange owned by Helen Poole and Miss Trenwith 9. Photograph of Mr. & Mrs. John F. Diehl, Jr. 10. Photography of Frederick Diehl
1. Music programs, photographs, issues of "Channel Tidings" and "This Week in Santa Barbara", cookbooks, assorted brochures, flyers, programs, and papers
1. Photo of "Rose Tournament" - S. B., 1896 - showing Marie Antonette Janssens, Lydia Whitney, Minnie Elizalde, Grace Elizalde & Harry Whitney riding in a float of calla lilies. 2. Sheet music - "The Gathering of the Clans" - by Mrs. S. E. A. Higgins, 1897.
1: St. Anthonys Seminary from tower of Old Mission, 1909. 2: Santa Barbara Mission facade looking north, 1909. 3: Panoramic view from Old Mission tower, looking east, 1909. 4: Unident, mission padre in Old Mission garden, 1909. 5: Old Mission cemetery looking south towards east tower, 1909. 6: Program, SB Co. Branch of Music Teachers Assoc. of California Spring Recital, 05/17/1964. 7: Program SB Co. Branch of Music Teachers Assoc. of California Spring Musicale, 05/14/1967. 8: Program SB Co. Branch of Music Teachers Assoc. of California Christmas Recital, 12/08/1963. 9-10: Two copies, Program, City Club An Afternoon of Music, 05/22/1960. 11: Program, Feast of Christmas, 12/13/1967. 12: Program, SB High School Madrigal Singers Christmas Concert, n.d.
1. The Magna Charta Sureties, 1215 by Arthur Adams - 1955 2. Southwest Blue Book by Lenora K. Berry - 1961 3. A list of Rhode Island soldiers and sailors in King George's War, 1740-1748 by Howard M. Chaplin 4. Story of Bridgeport, Conn. by Elsie N Danenberg - 1916 5. Genealogical Guide. Master index of genealogy, 1892-1950 v. 1-84 of the magazine, Daughters of the American Revolution Mag. 6. History of the town of Plymouth by William T. Davis - 1885 7. The Pilgrim's First Year in N.E. by Rev. Nahum Gale - 1857 8. The Connecticut Guide by Edgar L. Hermance - 1935 9. Official Roster of the Soldiers of the American Revolution Buried in the State of Ohio, by Frank D. Henderson - 1929. 10. The Mayflower Planters, Vol. 1, 2 by Leon Clark Hills - 1941 11. List of officials, civil, military, and ecclesiastical of the Conn. Colony, 1636-1677 by Donald L. Jacobus - 1935 12. McCallum (family) by Ines F. Johnson - 1957 13. Genealogy of Captain John Johnson of Roxbury, Mass. by Paul F. Johnson - 1948 14. American Counties, by Joseph N. Kane - 1960 15. The Home of Washington, or Mount Vernon and its Associations by Benson J. Lossing - 1871. 16. Mayflower Index, Vol. 1/2, 3 - Mass. Society of Mayflower Descendants - 1960 17. Index of Persons, Vol. 1-2 (Index to the Magazine) - 1959 18. Register of the Society of Mayflower Descendants in the State of California, Vol. 1 - 1917 19. Rhode Island Historic Background by Howard W. Preston - 1930 20. Know Rhode Island. Facts concerning the Land of Roger Williams - Rhode Island State Bureau of Information - 1929 21. California Register, Vol. 5, by William D. Ryan - 1966 22. A Genealogical Dictionary of the First Settlers of New England, Vol. 1-4, by James Savage - 1860 23. The Winthrop Woman, by Anya Seton - 1958 24. The Truth about Pilgrims, Society of Mayflower descendants, by Francis R. Stoddard - 1952 25. American and English Genealogies in the Library of Congress - 1910 26. The Handbook of American Genealogy by Frederick A. Virkus - 1932 27. Concord. A pilgramage to the historic and literacy center of America by Perry Walton - 1922 28. History of Genealogy of ... and some descendants of Stukely Westcott by Roscoe L. Whitman - 1932 29. History of Stratford, Conn., 1639-1939 by William Hl. Wilcoxson 30. Tidewater, Virginia, by Paul Wilstach - 1929 31. Connecticut Tercentenary pamphlet series - 4 issues 32. Family bulletin, Vol. 1-30, 1921-1951, by The Eddy Association (various issues) 33. Early Settlers of Western New York, Their Ancestors and Descendants. Vol. 1-3, v. 4 issue by Janet W. Foley 34. Genealogy and Local History - 11 pam. - Goodspeed Book Shop 35. Genealogical Question and Answers (clippings) 2 volumes - Hartford Times, Conn. 36. Journal of American History, v. 5 - 1911 37. Madera County Historical Society Quarterly, v. 1-3 38. Descendants of Lords of the Maryland Manors. Seigniory in early Maryland - Maryland 39. Mayflower Descendants, Vol. 1-34 - 1899-1937 40. National Genealogical Society Quarterly, v. 37-42 - 1949-1954 41. Sutter's Gold by Blaise Cendrars - 1926 42. Santa Barbara Adobes by Clarence Cullimore - 1948 43. Eddy Family (10 issues) 44. Irish and Scotch - Irish Ancestral Research, 2 v. by Margaret Falley - 1962 45. Forty-niners by Archer Hulbert - 1931 46. Journal of American History - Unbound, 8 parts and 3 dup. Bound - 1 vol. 47. Mayflower Descendants v. 3 48. Leading Facts of American History, by D.H. Montgomery - 1892 49. Guide to Genealogical Records in the National Archives 50. The Mayflower Society House. Being the Story of the Edward Winslow House - 1949 51. Romance of El Camino Real, by Jarrett T. Richards - 1914 52. Who's Who in California - Who's Who - 1929 Note: Total gift appraised at $500 by Robert E. Gross "The above was given to the genealogical Society by Lt. Col Jones Picked up by Mrs. Scollins.
1. Time table of Santa Barbara Suburban R'y Co. - effective Jan. 12, 1916. 2. Telegraph - W.F. Kelly to Mrs. Kelly, visiting in Berkeley, telling her of Santa Barbara earthquake, sent June 29, 1925. 3. Extracts of letters written by W.F. Kelly to Mrs. Kelly, visiting in Berkeley.
1. Xerox copy of extracts from letters written by W. F. Kelly to Mrs. Kelly, visiting in Berkeley at time of 1925 earthquake. (info. file in Library)
222 East Carrillo Street Building