Hooker (Dr. Marian Osgood) Collection
Collection includes books, pamphlets, correspondence, postcards, booklets, articles, periodicals, music, and photographs taken and collected by Marian O. Hooker.
Gift of Mrs. J. Rolland (Marguerite Putnam) Keyes (a cousin) in memory of Katharine Putnam Hooker [mother of Marian Osgood Hooker]. From the estate of Dr. Marian Osgood Hooker.
- 1860 - 1960
234 Photographic Prints (740.6 Hooker Collection in three (3) folders)
0. Two hundred thirty-four (234) photographs, the majority shot by Marian O. Hooker 00. One-hundred seventy-two (172) postcards, many real photo postcards from the early 20th century of Pacific Northwest 1. Books: "Wayfarers in Italy" 1902. "Byways in Southern Italy." "Farm Houses, Provincial Buildings in southern Italy" Diary, trips Canada & California. Talks (typed) of Margaret collier Graham. 2. Pamphlets: "Rainbow Bridge Monument Valley Report" 1933. "Reminiscences of an Old Librarian" James L. Whitney. Boston 1909. 1958 "Landscapes & Bookscapes of California." Friends of Bancroft Library. 1957 "California Background, Spanish or American?" Friends of Bancroft Library. "Earthquake Studies" The Commonwealth, San Francisco 1925 Vol. I No. 17 "How the Army Worked to Save San Francisco" H.A. Lafter Part of Earthquake article Sketch Gen. Leonard Wood on other side. "Story of a Friendship, Reminiscence of R.L.S." Josephine M. Branch "Santa Barbara Adobes" John R. Southworth F.R.G.S. "Santa Barbara Little Town Club." Organizer Mrs. C. C. Park "Little Town Club" Bylaws 1940 "Walter Nordhoff" Samuel Marshall Isley 3. Folders: List of Italian books and correspondence given to U.C. Berkeley List of books received from Mrs. Schweitzer Santa Barbara Earthquake, typed experience of Marian O. Hooker "Aunt Mary Gamble" Reminiscences, 1863-1871 (S.B. 1940) 2 Booklets "Katharine Hooker, A Memoir" Samuel M. Ilsley Pictures of Early San Francisco and 75 postcards of San Francisco 1860-70 typed descriptions of trips etc. Letters: Hugh Gibson, Ambassador and photo George Ellery Hale, printed articles science and physics Bruce Porter of Miss Mary Gamble (Miss Gamble has Santa Barbara Girl School) Forrentine C. Hooker, author, to "Aunt Katharine, Marian and Ellie" Washington, D.C. 14 Jan. 1923. Fanny B. Canfield. June 1863. San Jose, Santa Clara (part only) 4. Photos: European in large envelope. San Francisco Earthquake. Mrs. Ethel Dolton Stott and children. Sarah Nordhoff - large 5. Magazines: "San Francisco Earthquake" Collier's, March 1956. "Art at the San Francisco Fair" Art News Special, July 1940 "Daily Telegraph" Centenary Supplement 1955 Box: Correspondence, Woman's Athletic Club, Los Angeles. Dr. M. O. Hooker Charter member. University of California, Berkeley gift of 78 pieces embroideries from Far East, Spain etc. Letters Dr. Spr? and Mary Patterson. Mary Patterson, photo (curator) War Relief letters, 1941 6. Music: World War I popular songs. Army, Marine, Artillery. Booklet, "Latin American Melodies." "Songs of Christmas," Mexico." Padua Hills. "Minstrel Songs, 1892" bound. Box: Cancelled Stamps (small) Santa Barbara Postcards (small) Printers Type "Hooker" 2 large, 2 small, calling card plate.
- Hooker, Marian Osgood, Dr., 1875-1968 (Former owner, Person)
- Gamble, Mary Elizabeth, 1858-1949 (Correspondent, Person)
- Frashers Inc (Photographer, Organization)
- Sawyer's Scenic Photos, Inc. (Photographer, Organization)
- Patterson Photographic Postcards (Photographer, Organization)
- Keyes, Marguerite Putnam, Mrs. (Donor, Person)